Hanging by a Thread


I love this dendrobium. It has beautiful flowers, is very prolific, and grows very well under our eaves.



It's so prolific that it's grown way to big for the pot it's in. Time  for a repot.



I've separated it into two plants and will plant it into two pots (follow along with our epiphytic orchid repotting instructions here).



It's an epiphyte (meaning it grows on the side of trees in nature) so I'm planting it in bark chips.  A hammer helps to make sure the new potting mix is very tight on the roots.



Time to water in.



All done, now I have a fresh, hanging basket of orchids. I'll give the other pot away.

Darryl 
Copyright 2016 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

DINNER TIME! Dutch Oven Beef Stew

It can still get a little chilly at night here in Northern California. A hearty stew is just the thing to take the chill off. This reci...