The Weeds of Winter


Still not a lot to do in the garden these days but the weeds don't take the season off. 


A trowel helps me dig these out of the dirt.


In the rose garden, out front, this Chinese elm seedling has camoflauged itself within the roses. 


At this size, the root is very deep and it is impossible to hand-pull out of the ground, so I dig as deep as I can with my trowel.


This is as much as of the root as I was able to get. I hope it's enough because these weeds are very hard to get rid of completely once they take hold.

Darryl
Copyright 2015 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

DINNER TIME! Dutch Oven Beef Stew

It can still get a little chilly at night here in Northern California. A hearty stew is just the thing to take the chill off. This reci...