Basic Scrambled Eggs


Since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I don't want to skip it but I get tired of how expensive and mediocre breakfast can be if I wait until I get to work and buy it each morning. I'm also short on time each morning so I need something fast if I'm going to eat it at home before I leave.

That's why I have a couple of scrambled eggs before I go. It only takes five minutes to cook (if I don't have even that much time, I'll make my omelet to go recipe the night before).

One of the first things you need to learn how to cook well are scrambled eggs.  Here is my basic and easy recipe.

INGREDIENTS
2 eggs (or 4 eggs for two people, 6 for three, etc.)
1 teaspoon half and half or milk
pinch of salt
1/8 cup shredded cheese
1/2 teaspoon olive oil



Preheat a non-stick frying pan (I use a 10 inch pan) with the olive oil at medium high.  While your pan is heating up, mix the eggs, half and half, and salt in a bowl.

Turn the heat on the pan up to high.  Spread the olive oil with a plastic spatula.  Pour in the mixture.  Sprinkle the cheese on top.



Mix the eggs in the pan nonstop with your spatula.  In about a minute or two, the eggs will be done.  You want them not to be liquid but still a little shiny on the surface.

Put onto a plate and let sit for a couple of minutes before eating so the eggs can finish cooking and so they won't be too hot to eat.

Darryl
Copyright 2015 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

DINNER TIME! Dutch Oven Beef Stew

It can still get a little chilly at night here in Northern California. A hearty stew is just the thing to take the chill off. This reci...