Recipes for a Cheapskate: Chile Relleno Omelet


I'd given up on this plant months ago. Every time it'd grow a bit, the squirrels would come and eat it.  I hadn't even looked at it in months and, when I did, I saw these two little pasilla chiles on it.

Finally, I had a semblance of an edible crop.  Not a bunch, but just barely usable.



After harvest, I fry 'em up in a dry pan til the skin blisters.



Next, I need to scrape off as much of the outer membrane as I can.



I go out and pick a couple of serrano chiles off of our other plant.



Everything is diced up together and, with a little cheddar/jack shredded cheese mix, put into an omelet.



Here's the delicious result.




Darryl
Copyright 2015 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

DINNER TIME! Dutch Oven Beef Stew

It can still get a little chilly at night here in Northern California. A hearty stew is just the thing to take the chill off. This reci...