September Status


While I contemplate how I will rehabilitate my lawn this fall, I go to the back and ponder how that garden is doing.  This plumeria is growing into our space so after it's growing season is over, I will lop of a few of the most offending canes.



When done, it should look something like this one, next to the grapevine.



This year, I planted mostly to have just enough veggies for the three of us. It worked well with the zucchini and bell peppers. Not so well with the tomatoes. And, some, like our patch of chile plants, are producing like there's no tomorrow.

I can't keep up with them all and some are just falling off, lying on the ground. Well, I'd rather have too much than not enough.



Another plant that is producing a bumper crop is our guava tree. We should start picking it in a week or two.



Although our regular tomato plants are a failed crop, I am getting some nice cherry tomatoes from this hanging basket by the kitchen.

They're great with bleu cheese on a salad.



I'll end this post with a quick look at our next delicious bell pepper crop. These are so tasty, I can't wait to have some more.




Darryl
Copyright 2013 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Love your garden! It makes so much sense! I have neither taken an end-of-season inventory nor quite decided what to do this fall. I really need to get cracking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I've got to seriously do something for my lawn, it's scorched and I want to put in some drought resistant grass but I don't have the money to really dig it out, aerate and replace. For fall/winter, I'm going to try some lettuce and spinach where the onions were growing earlier.

    ReplyDelete

DINNER TIME! Dutch Oven Beef Stew

It can still get a little chilly at night here in Northern California. A hearty stew is just the thing to take the chill off. This reci...