Zeroing Out the Zucchini


While my tomatoes were a bust, the zucchini this year was a success. My plan was to move their plot over by our bedroom window and winnow them down to two plants so we have just enough squash, not be swimming in it and getting sick and tired of it before the summer's over.

I have to say our plan worked just about perfect. The only flaw is that the two plants left were both zucchini. I had also planted some summer squash but none of those plants made it.



All summer long, we could go out and harvest just enough of it to last us until the next set of gourds ripened.

Great plants. Love them but after they're done, they become a bit of a mess.



I gave them three weeks since our last harvest. They were still flowering but producing no fruit. You can also see they were getting rangy and out of control.



It was with a heavy heart that I uprooted them.

The zucchini story is not over yet, however.



Last week, when I chopped some up for an omelet, I threw some seed here and there including in the whiskey barrel holding this plumeria.



Looks like we're in for some more zucchini treats soon.



Darryl
Copyright 2013 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

DINNER TIME! Dutch Oven Beef Stew

It can still get a little chilly at night here in Northern California. A hearty stew is just the thing to take the chill off. This reci...