Recipes for a Cheapskate: Poppin' Peppers



Too many things to do this weekend to really get the dirt under my fingernails but I did get to harvest my jalapeño plant.





As the peppers were starting to turn bright red, that signaled that the time had come.

I got 13 peppers, just enough to make into a side dish for this week's barbecue.
So what can I do? Make mini jalapeño poppers.
Easy in concept but the smaller size of these peppers make a bit hard to stuff.


Each pepper is sliced on one side, propped open, and stuffed with my homemade mixture of cream cheese, chopped serrano peppers, and bacon.



I wrap them up in foil, poke a few holes in the top, and then put on the grill with our burgers.



The finished product looks something like this.



Darryl
Copyright 2013 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

DINNER TIME! Dutch Oven Beef Stew

It can still get a little chilly at night here in Northern California. A hearty stew is just the thing to take the chill off. This reci...