It's The Middle Of July...Where Are My &*$#@ Tomatoes?


This year, I decided to try growing heirloom tomatoes instead of the usual hybrids. I harvested the seeds from some fruit I bought at the farmer's market, so I don't know what the exact variety is.

I planted in February, transplanted late March, and now...finally...it's just starting to flower. Usually, I'd have scads of tomatoes by now but these are taking forever.



Next year, I'll be planting hybrids as well...quick growing ones.



The zucchini's getting close to played out.  I've just got a few of these smaller squashes coming up now.



The plant started to grow over the walkway, so I took this stick and am attempting to hold it back in the planter.




The chiles are really pumping out the fruit and we'll be harvesting this from now til...who knows? These last a long time.



Finally, the dragon fruit is producing it's first flower of the season. Incredibly spectacular looking fruit but a bit on the bland side.




Darryl
Copyright 2013 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

DINNER TIME! Dutch Oven Beef Stew

It can still get a little chilly at night here in Northern California. A hearty stew is just the thing to take the chill off. This reci...