Tea for the Tillerman


...actually I could use a beer after this.  First chore day of the New year...




First, a trip to Lowe's to pick up some mulch and soil amendment.

I also picked up a couple of bags of medium river rock.



This makes for a quick and cheap camouflage for the root barrier that I installed between the lawn and rose garden a couple of weeks ago.



I had hoped that when I cut the tomatoes, this one would make a comeback by Christmas but no...now it's just in the way. Time to yank it out.

Now, on to the hard part.



Here are the tools needed, a shovel and fork.



Easy in theory, just stick the shovel head in as far as it will go and turn over the dirt.  Break up the clods with the fork.  Sounds ok, but it's pretty back-breaking labor.  Thankfully, I don't have a big plot to do.



It's always a good sign when you turn the dirt and see these guys.



Job done. I'll add some mulch and soil amendment later before planting. Now, it's time for a nice cool drink.

Darryl
Copyright 2013 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DINNER TIME! Dutch Oven Beef Stew

It can still get a little chilly at night here in Northern California. A hearty stew is just the thing to take the chill off. This reci...