Welcome! Come on in...



Welcome to my latest blog. My name is Darryl and I am better known as a travel blogger who specializes in travelers with special needs. I'm also an avid gardener and studied horticulture in college. No, I wasn't the valedictorian, but I did learn a few things along the way.

My gardening philosophy, as you'll see at the top of the blog, is whatever I plant needs to feed us...either in body or soul. What that means is anything I plant and grow either has to be edible or provide beauty.

Oh yeah, I don't like to spend a lot of money doing it either.

Another thing that limits me is room to grow. Whoever had this house before us was a paving nut...almost everything is paved leaving me only a few strips a couple of feet wide to plant things.  I have to get real creative to have the plant environment that I have.

I also have a postage stamp-sized lawn that defies anything I do to try to get it to behave and the small size isn't big enough to justify a gardener so that is still a work in progress.

So, welcome! I hope you enjoy this blog and are able to learn from it. Get some ideas, try them out (after all, they're cheap!), and let me know what you think.  I will also have links to products at Amazon.com that I use and recommend. It'd be nice if you like them enough to buy to once in awhile to help produce some commissions to defray the cost of producing this site...it does not cost you any extra to go through those links when buying at Amazon but it does help support this site.

Thank you, enjoy the show!

Darryl Musick

No comments:

Post a Comment

DINNER TIME! Dutch Oven Beef Stew

It can still get a little chilly at night here in Northern California. A hearty stew is just the thing to take the chill off. This reci...